Searching for enzymes by name or number of cut sites
- Open the Digests panel by clicking the scissors icon at the right.
- The search box allows finding enzymes by name or number of cuts. For example, enter “2” to show all double cutters or enter “EcoRI” to pull it up in the list.
Jump to the location of the enzyme on the sequence
- Hover over the enzyme to see buffer information, and to jump to the cut site on the sequence.
- Click on an enzyme to select it. Notice that the cut site on the sequence map turns colored. Click on it again to unselect it.
Filter by advanced parameters
- You can also filter enzymes by where they cut on the sequence. Click on the “multiple cloning site (ApaI-StuI)” annotation on the sequence map to select it. Click “anywhere except the current selection” at the bottom of the restriction panel and note that EcoRI is no longer a search result.
Click the scissors icon again to close the Digests panel. Double-click on a cut site on the sequence map, and notice that the panel automatically opens to show more information about the enzyme.