Before starting, make a copy of your plasmid for the assembly
- From the the History panel on the right (clock icon at the right), select Clone Version
Select your enzymes for the assembly
- Open the digest panel and select enzymes for the assembly. Jump to the region on the map. See the finding enzymes in sequences help doc for an in-depth guide.
- Hit Cmd+C (or Ctrl+C on a PC) to copy the region. The cut sites should get highlighted. Benchling will helpfully highlight all cut sites with compatible sticky ends.
- Open your second sequence files and find the enzyme cut sites. Hit Cmd+V (or Ctrl+V on a PC) to paste the region.
- Note: Benchling will automatically reverse the fragment, if needed, and handle ligating sticky ends. Annotations and translations from first sequence should also have been brought along.