The Developer Platform Capability provides access to the API, Events platform, and Apps. Visit the Developer Platform Overview page on our developer documentation for more information.
Developer Platform Capability
To get access to these systems, a Tenant Admin must use the Capability Management tool to set “Full” access.
- Click on your Avatar > Tenant Admin Console, and open the "Users" tab.
- Select the user(s) that need access and select “Manage application access” to change their access:
- In the pop-up, set “Developer Platform” to “Full”:
This will allow them to access:
For a user to obtain access to the Events system, they must also be a Tenant Admin as events will notify you of actions in the whole tenant, not being filtered by permissions. You can add new Tenant Admins in the Tenant Admin Console at the "Settings" tab.
Accessing the API
To access the API, you need a personal user API key. To retrieve / generate this:
- Click on your Avatar > Settings.
- To create API credentials, click the Generate API Key button at the bottom of your User Settings Page:
If you don't see the button to generate an API key, reach out to your internal Benchling Tenant Admin and ask if they can provision you with the Developer Platform application using Capability Management.
With the Developer Platform Capability, you’ll be able to create and manage apps on your Benchling system. You’ll find them in the “Developer Console” section of the “Feature Settings” page: