Recage study animals post randomization
After animals are assigned to group they can be automatically recaged according to these groups.
To avail of this functionality follow these steps:
- Apply filters to your animals table to select the relevant animals for recaging
- Study group is not null
- Living status is equal to alive
- (for mixed sex studies) Sex is equal to Male/female
- Select all animals in the study and click "recage" from the bulk actions menu.
- Confirm the number of animals to be housed in each new cage
- Click on the cage name to rename (note you can rename cages in bulk and add cage metadata from the colony cages table using bulk action to edit cage details) See How do I retain the original cage information after recaging?
- (optional) Assign new animal names (if no unique ID exists on the animals)
- Sequential will add "Animal 1" ... "Animal n" down all cages
- Repeating will add "Animal 1" ... "Animal n" for each individual cage
- Click Submit
An email will be sent when the recaging report has been generated, this will be found in the attachments section of the study.
This report contains, old ID, new ID, old cage and new cage to aid physically recaging in the vivarium.
Watch the video below for a step by step tutorial:
Delete empty cages in bulk
After recaging animals into new cages you might want to delete the empty cages and we understand that no scientist has time to do this one cage at a time from the cages section of your study. To speed up this process follow the steps below:
Go to colony
Filter the cages by study and population is empty
- Select the cages in the table
- Use the bulk action to delete
- Click Confirm.