You can use an analysis and the JMP add-in to exchange data between Benchling and JMP.
Note: This feature is currently in limited availability. If you don’t have access to the new analysis feature, contact Customer Support to request access.
Before importing or exporting data, you first need to:
- Create an analysis.
- Create a dataset.
- Ensure the JMP add-in is installed.
Push the dataset to JMP
In your Benchling analysis:
- Click the + icon next to Analysis Steps in the sidebar to add a new step to the analysis.
- Select Import/export.
- Copy the analysis step key.
Note: The analysis step key expires 10 minutes after it's generated.
- From the top menu, click Add-ins. Under Benchling, select Pull data from Analysis.
- Paste the analysis step key and click OK.
Write JMP data to Benchling
- From the top menu, click Add-ins. Under Benchling, select Write data to Analysis.
- Paste the analysis step key from Benchling and click OK.
- Select the data that you would like to write back to Benchling. Multiple items can be selected by using Shift or Ctrl/CMD.
- Any open JMP data table will appear in the selection menu.
- Any open JMP report will appear in the selection menu.
In your Benchling analysis, view the selected data:
- If you select a data table, Benchling returns a .jmp file with the data table and a Benchling dataset.
- If you select a report, Benchling returns a .JRP file with the report and an .html file.