Feature libraries are a repository of sequences that can be used to automatically annotate features across multiple sequences with the same name, color, and type. A feature library can be owned by an organization or a user. Users can only view or edit libraries they have permission to access.
Feature library access policies
The table below describes the three default access policies that can be used for feature libraries.
|Access policy||View the feature library||Use the library to annotate sequences||Edit the library's annotations||Rename or delete the library||Update the library's collaborators|
Set feature library permissions
To set feature library permissions on new and existing libraries:
- Click your avatar in the bottom-left corner.
- Under Molecular Biology settings, click Feature libraries.
- Select or create the library:
- Existing library: Select an existing library from the Open Existing Feature Library drop-down menu. The feature library and its annotations display below.
- New library: Enter a name and description, then click Create Feature Library. The feature library and its annotations display below.
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the selected Feature Library section.
- Under Manage Collaborators, search for the user, team, or organization you’re granting permissions to and click Add Collaborator.
- Select the access policy to apply to the collaborator, then click Save.