“Sorry, this email is already in use” error message displays when creating a new academic account.
If you try resetting the password using this email address, “Incorrect username or password” error message will display.
The new email is listed as the registered recovery email for a current Benchling account, preventing an account to be made with that email.
To change the recovery email for your account:
- Log into your existing Benchling account.
- If you have trouble logging in, recover your account.
- Click your avatar in the bottom-left corner.
- Click Settings under your name.
- Under Profile Information, click Change Recovery Email.
- Enter your new recovery email and click Update recovery email.
- Log out and create your new account.