Welcome to the thirteenth volume of our 2022 product release notes! We’ve been working hard to bring you performance improvements that add value to your work. Read on to learn about the product enhancements and bug fixes released in December 2022.
The molecule entity in Registry helps users model and interact with chemical compounds throughout the platform, enabling users to draw, visualize, store, and search chemical structures.
Sequence base support in Registration tables
Users can now specify DNA, RNA, and AA sequence bases and residues in Registration tables. Users can also include modified bases for RNA sequences using HELM or IDT syntax.
Workflows are a sequence of processes that are performed to answer a research question or synthesize new material. For example, synthesizing a new set of proteins from supernatants, or improving the transduction process.
Formula references in Output Tables
Users can now add formula references to output tables within a Task’s Execution Entry.
Access management is the way customers control who is able to access which resources, and includes things like project permissions, access policies, and admin roles.
Active session self-signout
Users can now sign themselves out of all active sessions, preventing data theft when devices are shared or lost.
Insights enables users to query, visualize, and share high quality, structured data that resides in Benchling.
Updated warnings for user modifications
A warning message now displays for users trying to save and run an Insights query when another user has modified the dashboard they're querying.
Benchling for Lab Automation enables seamless integration of Benchling to liquid handlers, plate readers, imaging instruments, and more.
Enable alias columns for transfers
When leveraging lab automation to transfer entities between containers, output files can now include entity aliases. Previously, entity aliases were only supported in registration-only or registration-and-results processing events.
Structured table size set to 3000 rows when file chunking
When file chunking is enabled, the maximum size of structured tables is now set to 3000 rows, preventing the software from creating very large structured tables when processing large output files.
To enable this feature, please contact a Benchling representative.
Our developer platform is fundamental to centralizing and standardizing all your R&D data. Benchling’s APIs and Events are built to match the flexibility and speed of modern life science R&D.
POST and PATCH support on Users API available on /v2 endpoint
Support for POST and PATCH operations on the Users API is now available at the /v2 endpoint rather than the /v2-beta endpoint. Any code referencing the API at the beta endpoint should be updated to use the v2 endpoint instead.
- Submitting text boxes with file attachments no longer fails
- Date type values now populate correctly for formulas that pull date type values from other columns
- Performing config migrations for templates now properly includes customized selectors (i.e, dropdown options) in unstructured tables
- Images uploaded to Protocols now display when uploading instead of after refreshing the page
- When previewing Connection files, an option to close now displays to exit the preview modal
- For users with the new review process feature enabled, home page notifications now align with email notifications indicating entries needing review
- When creating an RNA sequence from an existing DNA sequence, Benchling no longer includes forward and reverse strand features when only forward strand features are acceptable. Reverse strand features will no longer display on the transcribed RNA sequences
- Copying translations on alignments no longer omits the last amino acid when pasting the translation
Registry and Inventory
- Locations now load in inventory searches
- Deleting and reinserting containers at the same time no longer fails
- When undoing a transfer, Benchling now correctly processes this action and resets the quantity to null
- Restriction status validation now occurs appropriately when Benchling performs string resolution
- The registry IDs for registered entities now correctly populate in the UI
- Users with multiple roles on a task (e.g, responsible team member, assignee, etc.) no longer receive duplicative email notifications
- Users can no longer access schemas created by deprecated organizations
- Benchling no longer uses archived folders as default folder locations
- Users can now scroll through long lists of access policies when managing collaborators
- Benchling no longer returns a null folder reference when filtering for folders of bioentities and batches
- When performing exports, admins can now specify users in the export
- A project’s audit logs now include the project owner as a collaborator
- S3 Backup parameters now accommodate concurrent backup tasks
- Updating visualization configs no longer prevents users from making other updates until after they refreshed the page
- Restored typing performance in the SQL editor
- Selecting legend items in scatter plots no longer populates with more information than requested
- Benchling now surfaces more relevant search results in run modals
- Copying public links in the API no longer produces invalid URLs