To find your Insights application, click on the “Charts” icon on your navigation bar.
Once inside, you can view your available dashboards and expand the page by clicking on the “expand arrow (similar to other applications) to view more data about a dashboard.
If you open an existing dashboard, you should see a view much like this one:
Each chart or table in the view is called a block. The top of the dashboard allows you to move, edit the title or description, and adjust parameters, which are dynamic filters you can apply to your blocks.
If you click into an individual block, you’ll see a query view. For your reference, we have a list of navigation options here:
- Title of your Dashboard
- Selectable Parameters (needs to be set up in the query)
- Your SQL Query code block
- The “+” button allows parameters to be created
- The “Run Query” button executes your query.
- Schema Browser displays all available data tables to you
- Settings for the dashboard (includes names and Project folder - which will control Permissions. See this article: Insights Permissions).
- The “...” button allows you to duplicate or delete a dashboard
- The Results from your query are displayed in this bottom section
- “Show Raw Output” - shows the raw data from the query.Note: This button will hide any visualizations currently set up, and you will have to re-toggle the button in order to see the values
- The “Table” button allows you to visualize your data as 3 different graphs: Bar, Line, or Scatter.
- The “Download” allows you to download your results as a .csv file.
- The “Expand” button expands your results to populate the entire screen. When in the expanded view, the same button is replaced with “Collapse” button, and it will minimize your screen back to its original size and window.
A view of visualizations: