To ensure printers are not blocked by their own firewall, Benchling users must configure label printers to IP whitelist each printer from their network. The Zebra Browser Print application, on the other hand, allows direct printing from computers on the same network without printer configuration.
Setting up Zebra Browser Print
Once you have established a connection between your computer and printer on the same network, follow the steps below:
1. Download the Zebra Browser Print Application here.
2. Scroll to "Browser Print' at the bottom of the page and select the appropriate
3. Open the Zebra Browser Print App.
4. To proceed, accept the Security Certificate pop-up:
5. If opened in Google Chrome, select "Advanced."
6. Click Proceed to localhost (unsafe message): Note: This step simply allows a
connection between the web-browser and the Zebra Browser Printer App on a
7. Accept the "Select an Option" pop-up window:
8. Zebra Browser Print is now on the menu bar at the top of your screen. Click on
the Zebra icon.
9. Select "Settings" to find a printer.
10. Check both boxes for "Broadcast Search" and "Driver Search" at the bottom of
11. Click "Change" to find Zebra printers. Note: You will need to have the Zebra
Browser Print App running on your computer to print labels.
12. Configuration is complete! Now, verify that you can successfully use your printer by opening a container and printing a barcode. You should see your printers listed as an option in the dropdown menu.