Follow the "Set up your own custom SAML app" instructions from this Google Suite Guide to create a Custom SAML Application.
The screenshots below show screens that you will see as you are setting up SAML. Follow the instructions below the screenshot before continuing to the next step of setup.
Download the IDP metadata. Email this file to your Benchling contact.
Set Application Name to “Benchling”
- Fill out ACS URL and Entity ID using the values below.
- Set the ACS URL to https://YOURDOMAIN.benchling.com/ext/saml/signin:finish
- The Entity ID will look like https://YOURDOMAIN.benchling.com/ext/saml/metadata.xml
- Make sure Signed Response is checked
- Ensure Name ID is set to “Basic Information” and “Primary Email”
- Set Name ID Format to “EMAIL”
- Configure firstName and lastName in “Attribute Mapping”
The aforementioned Google Suite Guide also provides instructions to "Turn on your SAML app" to allow users to access Benchling via your new SAML application.
Return to SAML Single Sign-On and continue from Step 2.