A location schema describes any large storage locations such as freezers, fridges, and or shelves that would house the boxes or plates.
- Any number of nested locations can be created within the sample management system (e.g. Racks in Shelves in Freezers)
- Typical locations defined in configuration are Freezers, Shelves, and Racks. Location hierarchy is NOT specified during the initial configuration in the Registry Settings.
- Location hierarchy is established when you create your locations in your Organization's Registry, outside of the configurations page.
Configure a location schema
To configure a location schema:
- In your Registry Settings page, select "Location Schemas"
- Select the Create button in the top right corner of the page to define a new location schema.
- The location prefix is used to generate a barcode that refers to that location
- Note: Locations support metadata if desired - e.g. if you have a Temperature field on the Freezer location type.