In order to execute a hotkey shortcut, simply hold down (CTRL) on a PC or (COMMAND ⌘) on a Mac, followed by pressing one of the letters below.
- CTRL/⌘+A: Select all. Select an entire line of text in an entry or an entire DNA/AA sequence.
- CTRL/⌘+C: Copy. Copy selected text or selected AA or DNA sequences.
- V: Paste. Paste selected text or selected AA or DNA sequences.
- X: Cut. Cut selected tex or selected AA or DNA sequences. Use this to move files around in the Notebook.
- Z: Undo. Undo the last action performed in an entry or DNA or AA sequence.
- F: Find. Open the find box.
- B: Bold. Bold the highlighted text in an entry.
- I: Italics. Italicize highlighted text in an entry
- K: Hyperlink. Insert a hyperlink within selected text in an entry.
- U: Underline. Underline selected text.
Undo an action
- CTRL/⌘+SHIFT+Z: Redo the last action. Redo actions performed in any entry or DNA or AA sequence.
Molecular Biology tricks
- CTRL/⌘+SHIFT+C when selecting DNA bases: Copy Special. Copy reverse complements and translations.
- CTRL/⌘+F to search for DNA bases, annotations, or primers.
- CTRL/⌘+SHIFT+F to search for AA bases and annotations.
Use mac-specific hotkeys
- Option+Shift+8 = °
- Alt+J = ∆
- Alt+M = µ